Ensure self-sufficiency in pulse production and improve competitiveness through knowledge based technological interventions for improving nutritional security and sustainability of the production base.
- To act as national centre for basic and applied research on pulse crops
- To monitor, guide and coordinate research on pulses in the country
- To impart training to scientists and extension workers engaged in pulses research and development
- To foster national and international collaborations for exchange of views and material
- To disseminate information on latest pulses production technology
- To serve as an information bank on different aspects of pulses for strategic planning
- To extend consultancy services and expertise